#StyleInTheCity: The Daily Bella
Coming in stronger than ever we like to take a moment and tip our hats to this Modern day super woman / blogger babe in the latest #StyleInTheCity interview feature. Giving us a sneak peek into how she does-it-all, from motherhood to working a 9 to 5 and still making time for family, fitness and passions.
Q&A w/ Loreana von Plocki
1. What motivated you to start The Daily Bella Blog ?
2. Aside from blogging what else do you do ?
- My love for fashion began at a very early age and I always felt the need to be somehow involved in it. When the thought of starting a blog began, I was so scared. The Daily Bella has been a dream I've had for a while, I just never had the courage to start it. One day, while sitting with a very good friend of mine (who has also been my mentor throughout my career) told me, “it was about time I chased my dreams”. That very same day, I put my fear aside and started my blog. Now I'm sitting here, a few months later, being interviewed and living my dream. I believe you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Trust me - it's true.
3. What 3 Instagram accounts you go to for fashion and style ?
- I am a mom to the most amazing little girl Isabella (the reason I named my blog "The Daily Bella"). I also work full time at a law firm.
- My daily feed can't live without the awesomeness of these 3 women:
4. How do you balance your work, your passions and motherhood?
- Mary Seng | IG @happilygrey -
- Maja | IG @majawyh
- Julie Sarinana | IG @sincerelyjules
5. Current shoe obsessions ?
- Balancing all my different roles is one of the challenges I struggle with the most. I am a mom, I have a beautiful little family, I work full-time, I have my blog (which is slowly becoming a second job) and I am a fitness addict. It is definitely a lot to juggle, but I try to make time for it all. Of course sacrifices need to be made, but I always make my family my priority. It is the support of my family that has enabled me to chase my dreams.
6. 4 quotes you will forever live by …
- For spring, I'm obsessed with flat slides. I have some studded ones that I've had on repeat. Perfect for spring.
7. What's the biggest challenge you face when blogging ?
- "Love many things, for therein lies the true strength, and whosoever loves much performs much, and can accomplish much, and what is done in love is done well." - Vincent Van Gogh
- "Create the highest, grandest vision possible for your life because you become what you believe." - Oprah Winfrey
- "Climb the mountain so you can see the world, not so the world can see you." - David McCullough Jr.
- "Feet, what do I need you for when I have wings to fly." - Frida Kahlo
8. What are your 3 favorite Miami Spots ?
- Being a blogger is not easy people! (Laughs) You wear a lot of different hats in this business, you are the creator of your own content, the artist, the editor, the photographer, the director, the designer, the sales person, the writer, the publicist, the stylist, the model. I could go on and on. The challenge with this is that not everyone sees all the work being put in behind the scenes - and appreciation is little to none.
- I'm not one that goes out a lot but my Miami musts are:
9. You're really into fitness, how does your fitness routine look-like? & what keeps you energized and charged throughout the day?
- The beach (of course),
- Coffee at OTL in the design district and
- Drinks in Wynwood.
10. What are your SLM favorites?
- I try to exercise 5 times a week. I take 2 days off to rest. I believe letting your body recover is as important as exercising it. My usual days off are Tuesday and Sunday. This varies depending on my week. I workout for about 45 minutes a day. I've always liked staying active, but my addiction really began after I had my daughter. It has now become part of my life. I believe the more you do it the more your body starts to crave it. And of course, when you start seeing results, it becomes an addiction.
- Can I say everything? Fine, I'll choose my absolute "can't-live-without" pieces.
1. The Black Long Dress 2. Choker Neckline Crop Top
3. Green Aviator Sunglasses 4. Nude Bandage Two-piece Bathing suit
BONUS QUESTIONS: When not working how do you unwind and relax ?
Time to relax is SO limited, but when I do get a chance I take ALL the ocean, sun and sand possible. Beach days are the perfect way to unwind, connect spirituality to nature and clear my head.
Leave a comment