#StyleInTheCity: Dipped In Black
1. WHAT’S YOUR CURRENT PLAYLIST LOOKING LIKE …
- I am a huge advocate of Spotify playlists and my current fave is “On Fleek”. It has the best empowering songs to conquer the day!
2. STYLE MUST-HAVES DURING ANY SEASON ?
- My staple pieces consist of high waist black denim jeans (H&M jeans all the way), a vintage band tee, and some black leather booties. Any time I can’t decide what to wear, I just revert back to the quintessential outfit – jeans & a t-shirt.
3. WHAT KEEPS YOU GOING AND MOTIVATED ?
- I choose to be around individuals who have a driven, entrepreneur-like attitude, so our energy continuously bounces off one another. I think it’s all about supporting your peers and rising to the top together.
4. DON’T BE AFRAID TO ….
- Don’t be afraid to fail. Everyone has such a negative connotation with failure, when in reality, it is the best thing to experience. Failing at something means you tried, and just because it didn't work out, doesn’t mean you need to give up. It is a signal to take a new approach and regroup; it expands your mind and forces you to think outside of your comfort zone.
5. WHERE DO YOU DRAW INSPIRATION FROM ?
- A lot of it comes from the internet; whether its Instagram, Pinterest, or YouTube. There are so many people sharing their style on the internet now, it’s amazing!
6. WHO ARE YOUR TOP 3 STYLE INFLUENCES ?
7. WHAT ARE THE PROS AND CONS TODAY ABOUT THE BLOGGING SPHERE ?
- The pros are all the amazing people I’ve been able to meet, fun brands I get to work with, and how busy it keeps me!
- The only con is how saturated the market can be. There are more and more paid promotions for products that may not be that effective. For me, I’ve done paid promotions, but I will only go through with it if it actually works effectively. I never want to lie to my followers or friends about something that I don’t believe in.
8. WHAT DO YOU DO, ASIDE FROM BLOGGING ?
- My day job is with REBEL8 – a street-wear company based in Downtown Los Angeles. I never thought I’d be in the street-wear industry, but I absolutely love it! I have a lot of creative freedom with styling and coming up with photo-shoot concepts.
9. QUOTE TO LIVE BY ….
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up” –Thomas Edison
- WHAT ARE YOUR STYLE LINK MIAMI FAVORITE STYLES ?
- I’m obsessed with the pink faux fur jacket and the long, black slip dress. They just make sense together. <3
Leave a comment