A couple weeks back after the Confidante photo-shoot we decided to catch up with emerging fashion blogger Lyrik at the Luxe + Lush Blog and we did just that ! In celebration of the new year we couldn't be more static then to be starting 2017 #StyleInTheCity interview with this city fashionista.
1. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO ACCOMPLISH IN 2017 ?
- I'm so excited for 2017. I'm currently filming a fashion blogging course where I teach the ins and outs of the industry that have made me successful. I'm super excited about that because I get a ton of emails asking for tips and advice, so it's my way to give back to the community. I'm also in the beginning stages of launching a new iPhone case line as well as a newsletter called LuxeMail, for my blog, Lush + Luxe, that will feature exclusive content. I have so many new launches coming up, I've gone back to the drawing board with my blog content so that will all be a little different as well. 2017 is going to be all about the hustle!
2. CURRENT TOP 3 QUOTES ...
- "Good things come to those who hustle"
- "Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, and succeed on purpose."
- "Everything you can imagine is real"
3. WHO OR WHAT INSPIRES YOU ..
- I'm a very visual person and need to be surrounded by what inspires me so I really owe a lot of my success and creativity to the city of Miami. I fell in love with the pastel pinks, palm trees and turquoise water.
4. CURRENT BEAUTY MUST-HAVES ...
- I'm extremely simple. My makeup bag has all of maybe 7 products that I actually use. But I've recently came across a product called a beauty blender and it's basically a sponge that you apply your liquid makeup with and it blends it perfectly onto you face. I'm obsessed with it! I get so many compliments now!
5. HOW DO YOU GO ABOUT FINDING AND PUTTING TOGETHER YOUR PERFECT DROBE?
- I think the perfect wardrobe is all about your go-to pieces. These are the pieces that aren't necessarily basic but the ones that you can count on to make your outfits pop. For me, these pieces are my leather jackets, black lace up heels and chokers.
6. WHAT ARE YOUR STYLE LINK MIAMI FAVORITES ...
7. WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR BIGGEST CHALLENGE IN FASHION BLOGGING ...
- Sharing your ideas with other people and then executing them. Fashion blogging, if done right, has so many creative ways to collaborate and it's just really about how well you can execute what's going on up in your head. Communicating your vision is key but one of the hardest things to do.
8. HAVE YOU ANYONE ANY INTERESTING/FAMOUS PEOPLE THROUGH YOUR BLOGGING ...
- I was able to meet the blogger, WeWoreWhat, while I was in New York in May. she was the inspiration behind starting my blog two years ago!
9. SO YOUR ORIGINALLY FROM SEATTLE,WASHINGTON AFTER LIVING HERE MIAMI, WHAT DO YOU THINK ....
- The two could not be anymore different from each other. I will always love home but Miami definitely has a special place in my heart. I absolutely love it here. The vibes, culture and people have been what has made my experience in this city unforgettable.
10. TOP 3 GO-TO FASHION INFLUENCE ...
- I love the original fashion bloggers just because they've raised the bar so high and it's amazing to see where fashion blogging can take you.
- The Blonde Salad
Leave us a comment below with your favorite look !